Wednesday, February 14, 2007

travel sketches, Tulum

Hey

Linda and I were gone for a week in Tulum, where we were attending a week long yoga workshop organized by our yoga teacher
Dana Rae Paré. It was a great experience, three yoga classes each day, excellent food, beautiful beach, and the leisurely pace allowed me some time to just sit on the beach and draw. So great to do that, and something I haven't had time to do in years. I actually drew this one palm tree several times, concentrating on different aspects each time. I gave away a couple of the sketches, but these are pretty representative.


Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Will Terrell said...

These are great. You should do more sketches like this. Theres just something about drawing from life, that keeps you connected to why you started to begin with. At least thats how I feel when I do it. These turned out great though. That palm is really nice.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Traveling in general sounds fun!!! Especially sketching nature!!!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Emmanuelle.Walker said...

I love to peek into other's sketchbooks! Those are great! :)

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm sorry that you had to come back francis, but on my bright side - you are back to post new pictures, which are like yoga for my eyes.

&Rew.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger francis tsai said...

thanks everybody! it was a great vacation, lots of great yoga workouts and sun and ocean. highly recommended. cancun airport was the main bummer - i think cancun is basically another place for loud americans to get drunk and behave obnoxiously. but that's just me.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger eyekaps said...

.... so thats what vacation looks like! nice coconuts.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger linus! said...

i love drawing palm trees; so complex, and yet not.. like your blog alot, and im going to Tulum in a month, have any tips? Name of where to stay?

peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home