Wednesday, September 20, 2006

space opera hero

Here's another quick character study. More like a character type rather than a specific character. I was interested in doing a Flash Gordon kinda guy, except not so blatantly Caucasian. Nothing wrong with Caucasians, some of my best friends are Caucasian! Anyway I imagine there will be a lot more iteration on the main guy.

On another note, today I left my long time day job as principal concept artist at High Moon Studios to pursue freelance work full time! So, if you are a game company in need of some concept art assistance, please look me up.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Philip Jean-Pierre said...

Nice sleek character designs. I love space operas. All of them Battlstar Galactica, Space 1999, The Black Hole. Yeah I am a freak for them. Here to it coming out the way you want.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stuff. I've been following you're stuff online for years now. Good luck with your freelance work!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Billy said...

im kinda caucasian...and a bit flashy =)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger francis tsai said...

butterdude - thanks man! yeah me too, I love all that stuff. I've been in the games industry for 8 years, and have yet to work on a shipping sci fi game.

roger - thanks bro!

aaron - yeah you are right, Flash Gordon was very art deco; I didn't want to just recreate Flash Gordon though.

billy - amen to that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home